Overview of Ukrainian Medical Stomatological Academy (1921) UMSA, Poltava (Ukraine)
Ukrainian Medical Stomatological Academy (UMSA) was established in the year 1921. Every educational establishment, like a person has its own biography. UMSA was predestined to become the descendant of the first higher odontological school of Ukraine and during 100 years of its existence it earned the honorable status of the leading specialized higher educational establishment. The large and creative teaching staff of UMSA is working on solving important problems of modern medicine and dentistry, introduction of innovative technologies of diagnostics, treatment and prevention of diseases; improving teaching methods and students knowledge control.
UMSA strives to establish international cooperation. Favorable conditions for foreign students the life of the student community is full of exciting and creative cultural events, scientific research, and active recreation.
UMSA is constantly developing, modernizing its infrastructure, enhancing its scientific achievements that have always been inherent to it.
September (due to COVID -19 this will be postponed )
Last date for application
August (will be scheduled accordingly to COVID-19 )
50% in 10+2 Board Exam
Medium of Education
Level of Accreditation
Highest Level 4
- High Level of Medical Education (Bologna Process).
- State-of-the-art medical equipments for training and Advance learning technology.
- Highly Qualified teaching staff Laureates and award winning Professors.
- State-of-the-art computer training system for students with a free high-speed internet facility.
- Multidisciplinary clinical telemedical and virtual labs and a training room.
- Healthy lifestyle, aesthetic culture, and leisure.
- Over 12000 students from 70 countries including the USA, Uk, Netherlands, Israel, and India to name some.
- International activities in cooperation with foreign partner university.
- The cost of studying MBBS in UMSA for Indian student is affordable and living cost in Poltava is Low.
- Indian Students applying for MBBS Admission in UMSA are eligible for many licensing examinations like MCI Screening Test, PLAB (UK), USMLE (USA), and other licensing exams throughout the world.
- No language proficiency such as IELTS/TOFEL is needed for admission
- “No Donation or hidden charges”. Direct Admission.
UMSA Affiliations and Memberships:
- European University Association (EUA)
- International Association of Universities (IAU)
- Magna Charta Universitatum Observatory (MCUO)
- Bologna Process (Signatory to Bologna Charter)
Recognitions and Enlisted:
- Medical Council of India (MCI) Act 1956
- Medical Board of California & ACGME of USA
- General Medical Council of UK
- Australian Medical Council
- Medical Council of Canada
- Medical Council of New Zealand
- Nepal Medical Council
WHO, UNESCO, IMED, ECFMGO OF USA, to name some.
for MCI status please visit:
Admission to UMSA:
An Indian student interested in doing MBBS from Ukrainian Medical Stomatological Academy (UMSA) needs to fulfill predefined eligibility criteria decided by the Medical Council of India for Indian students to study MBBS abroad. Admission to UMSA is hassle-free if you are eligible according to Indian norms.
Eligibility Criteria for MBBS at UMSA:
- 10+2 Pass with minimum 50% marks from any recognized board.
- NEET Qualified ( year 2018/2019/202)
- Minimum 17 years of age.
Ukrainian Medical Stomatological academy fees is affordable and is within the reach of every income-group and the living cost in city of Poltava is also very reasonable and easily affordable.
Tuition Fees in USD
University Hostel charges in USD
Tuition + Hostel in USD
Total in INR
USD @ Rs. 75
Other Charges for 1st year: $2700
Private well furnished also available @ $850 per year.
Fees can be paid directly to the university account.
- 10th and 12th Marks Sheet.
- NEET Score.
- Copy of Passport.
- Consent Letter duly signed by the student.
- Passport size photographs.
Course offered at UMSA:
- Medicine (MD/MBBS) both UG/PG
- Dentistry (BDS/MDS)
Poltava is a city located in the north-eastern part of Ukraine, along both banks of the Vorskla River, in the eastern part of the Poltava region, 345 km northeast of Kyiv. The administrative center of the Poltava region, an important education, cultural center, and a major transport hub.
The population of Poltava is about 292,000 (approx), the area – 112 sq. km.
The phone code – +380 532, the postal codes – 36000-36499.
Local time in Poltava city is June 2, 10:40 am (+2 UTC).
Poltava has always been one of the most important science and education centers in Ukraine. Major universities and institutions of higher education include the following:
- Poltava National Pedagogical Universitynamed after V. G. Korolenko
- Poltava National Technical Yuri Kondratyuk University
- Poltava Agrarian State Academy
- Ukrainian Medical Stomatological Academy as Poltava Medical And Dental University(UMSA)
- Poltava University of Economics and Trade
- Poltava Military Institute of Connections
- Poltavian Faculty of National Juridical Academy of Ukraine
- Poltava branch of the State Academy of Statistics, region and audit to the State Statistics Committee of Ukraine
- Poltava gravimetric observatory (PGO) is situated a bit north from the city center (27–29 Miasoyedov St.). It’s main work directions are measurements of Earth rotation, latitude variations (applying zenith stars observations, lunar occultation observations and other)
- Observational station of PGO in a rural area, some 20 km east along the M03-E40 highway. Radiotelescope URAN-2 (Ukrainian: УРАН-2) is situated there too.
The geographical position of Poltava is quite favorable. The course of history significantly influenced the development of the city. Poltava stands on important transport routes and provides communication between the largest cities of Ukraine – Kyiv, Kharkiv, and Dnipro.
The climate in Poltava is moderately continental with cool winters and warm (sometimes hot) summers. The average temperature in January is minus 6.6 degrees Celsius, in July – plus 20.1 degrees Celsius.
The Poltava region is part of the North-Eastern economic region, together with the Sumy and Kharkiv regions. In these territories, there is a powerful industry, higher education institutions, and one of the best enterprises and farms of the agro-industrial complex of Ukraine.
Natural and resource potential, convenient economic and geographical position of Poltava determined the specialization of its enterprises in the fuel, food, light, woodworking industries. Its location near large metallurgical, engineering and scientific centers such as Kyiv, Kharkiv, Dnipro determined the development of machine-building, chemical industry.
The City Day of Poltava is celebrated on September 23.